Sunday, April 25, 2010

Singapore Botanic Garden

Singapore Botanic Garden is one of my favourite place for birding. Although the migratory birds had left, there are still lots of birds waiting for interested birders. Such as this Blue-Throated Bee-Eater(Merops viridis)

This bee-eater dive in to the water to cool down on a hot afternoon
 The Common Flameback (Dinopium javanense) busy looking for food
Male Common Flameback

Female Common Flameback
I heard the very distinctive call of the Lineated Barbet (Megalaima lineata) and finally got to take a closer look today right on top of me.
Lineated Barbet (Megalaima lineata)
I have seen White-Crested Laughingthrush (Garrulax leucolophus) many times at Bukit Batuk Nature Park & Kent Ridge Park but never before at Singapore Botanic Garden.
This squirrel was happily carry the fruit of Sand Box Tree without realising that the fruit will split into segments when ripped. The fruit explode when the squirrel starts to chew on it. The loud noise caused the squirrel looses it grips and fell down from the tree. After fell from the tree the squirrel running in circle like a crazy horse. It stops under another tree after running for about 45 seconds. I wonder if there is any squirrel actually killed while taking this 'highly explosive' fruits.

1 comment:

  1. Oh if I new about this place when I was visiting Singapore, I would visit too. I was only at Jurong Bird Park. Very nice place, I will keep it in mind, for future, hopefully. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete