Sunday, December 28, 2008

Fiddler Crab & other rare sightings

It was my first visit to SSLH, thanks to RMBR making this trip possible. After spending few weeks in the nature at foreign country, it is nice to visit our own nature back at Singapore. Is not my first time seeing this purple fiddler crab but is the first time seeing it in such a short distance! Photo on top is a male purple fiddler crab (Uca tetragonon)This is the female purple fiddler crab (Uca tetragonon)This is certainly my first sightings for this pseudoscorpion. It has a pair of pincers like scorpion but without the sharp tail. This pseudoscorpion that we saw is only about 3mm!I also saw another mini animal in dark blue colour crawling on the sandy area but I have no clue what it is. But it is slightly smaller than the pseudoscorpion.

No comments:

Post a Comment