Friday, March 21, 2008

Mini Shell at Semakau

I didn't expect the tide to be so low today. According to NEA tide table it should be 0.5m, however it is much lower. We saw a lot of interesting animals today at Semakau inter-tidal area. I'll just pick some photos to show here. I'm sure the other guides will put up more of the beautiful photos including Tigertail Seahorse!!.This snail has a very striking pinkish red colour. But I really don't know the id.It looks big on the photo above but once compare with a 10 cents coin, is even smaller than the zero on the coin. Anyne know the id?Saw another pinkish red animal, but this is a sea cucumber. I'm not sure of the id too.The five calcareous anal teeth suggest that this is a stonefish (Actinopyga lecanora) sea cucumber. However, it don't have the grey or white zone surround the anal teeth that found on stonefish sea cucumber.This polka dot (Jorunna funebris) was having fun and pose for me for the shot.
Isn't this Glossodoris atromarginata nudibranch beautiful?Another beautiful nudibranch - Chromodoris lineolata
We end the walk about 7.30pm. Well, Semakau is one of the area that you are able to see animals that usually only possible when you go diving.
More interesting creatures found on today's trip at:

2 comments:

  1. Oh my... how did you spot that micro snail...? Amazing! Great photos by the way! I'm sure you brought your DSLR along. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not a cowry. It's a marginellid.

    ReplyDelete